Winter Track & Field
Meet of Champions
Date: Saturday, March 3, 2001
Time: 6:00 – 11:00 p.m.
Place: Hobart/ William Smith Field house
These sheets contain information regarding the Winter Track Meet of Champions which will be held on Saturday, March 3 at Hobart/William Smith College. Please read the enclosed sheets carefully so that you athletes will be included in the meet.
1. Entry cards must be turned in immediately after the Class Championships, or between 1:00 AND 5:00 at my home. Each individual needs a card to be entered in an event.
2. Class Champions automatically qualify – However a card with the average of two best performances and the words CLASS CHAMPION must still be submitted.
3. An entry who is not a class champion must have two performances in the event this year, and they must be listed on the back of the card, along with the site and date of the performances. The average of the two performances must be on the front of the card.
4. 4. The 3 x 5 card should look like this ( The color of the cards does not matter).
On the back of the card , you must list the performance, date, and site.
5. I will attempt to contact any coach who has athletes rejected as quickly as possible. I also intend to have a list of the athletes who have qualified on our web site as quickly as possible.
6. The following is the maximum number of entries that will be allowed per event.
55m Dash – 32 55 m Hurdles 32 300m Dash – 32
600m Run – 24 1000m Run 18 1500m Racewalk – 16
1500/1600m Run – 16 3000/3200m Run – 16 Relays - 16
Long Jump, Triple Jump, Pole Vault, High Jump – 12
Shot Put – 16
7. In the long jump, triple jump, and shot, there will be three attempts, top 6 to finals for three more attempts.
8. This is the order of events – it is similar to the state meet
6:00 – Coach’s Meeting
6:30 – Girls Long Jump/ Boys Long Jump/ Girls Triple Jump/ Boys Triple Jump
Boys’ Shot/ Girls Shot
Boys Pole Vault/ Girls Pole Vault
Girls High Jump/ Boys’ High Jump
6:30 – Girls 4 x 400m Relay Trials ( if needed)
Boys 4 x 400m Relay – Trials ( if needed)
Girls 4 x 200m Relay Trials ( if needed)
Boys 4 x 200m Relay trials ( if needed)
Girls 3000m Run
Boys 3200m Run
Girls 55m Trials ( if needed)
Boys 55m Dash Trials ( if needed)
Girls 1000m Run
Boys 1000m Run
Girls 1500m Race Walk
Girls 55m Dash Semi’s
Boys 55m Dash Semi’s
Girls 600m Run
Boys 600m Run
Girls 55m Dash Finals
Boys 55m Dash Finals
15 minute Break
Boys 55m Hurdles – Trials ( if needed)
Girls 55m Hurdles – Trials ( if needed)
Girls 300m Dash – Trials
Boys 300m Dash – Trials
Girls 1500m Run
Boys 1600m Run
Girls’ 55m Hurdles – Semi’s
Boys 55m Hurdles – Semi’s
15 minute Break
Boys’ 55m Hurdles – Final
Girls 55m Hurdles – Final
Girls 300m Dash – Finals
Boys 300m Dash – Finals
Girls 4 x 800m Relay
Boys 4 x 800m Relay
Girls 4 x 400m Relay
Boys 4 x 400m Relay
Girls 4 x 200m Relay
Boys 4 x 200m Relay
9. The top two finishers in each event will automatically qualify for the State Meet, which will be held on Saturday, March 10. The Section V buses will be leaving from Penfield High School.
10. The third place finisher in the 300m, 600m, 1000m, and 1500m/1600m runs will compete in the intersectional medley relay. In addition, if any athlete has performed at or better than the standards, and finished 3rd in the Meet of Champions, then he/she may go and compete in their individual event.
11. The winning relay team will advance to the state meet. You may take up to six individuals per relay.
12. An athlete does not have to compete in the Class Championships to compete in the Meet of Champions.
13. Admission to the meet is $3.00
14. We will be selling shirts.
15. If anybody is interested in taking out and ad in the state program, please see me as soon as possible.