2003 Meet of Champions – 2004 info coming soon.
Dates & Times: Sunday, March 2, 2003 – 2:00 – 8:00
These sheets contain information regarding the Winter Track Meet of Champions. Please read the enclosed sheets carefully so that you athletes will be included in the meet.
1. Entry cards must be turned in immediately after the Class Championships, or by Wednesday,
February 19. Each individual needs a card to be entered in an event.
2. Class Champions automatically qualify – However a card with the average of two best performances and the words CLASS CHAMPION must still be submitted.
3. An entry who is not a class champion must have two performances in the event this year, and they must be listed on the back of the card, along with the site and date of the performances. The average of the two performances must be on the front of the card.
4. The 3 x 5 card should look like this (The color of the cards does not matter).
Grade (do not forget to mark “Class Champion”)
On the back of the card , you must list the performance, date, and site.
5. I will attempt to contact any coach who has athletes rejected as quickly as possible. I also intend to have a list of the athletes who have qualified on our web site as quickly as possible.
6. The following is the maximum number of entries that will be allowed per event.
50m Dash – 16 40 m Hurdles 24 300m Dash – 12
600m Run – 18 1000m Run 16 1500m Racewalk – 10
1500/1600m Run – 18 3000/3200m Run – 10 4 x 800m Relay – 8
4 x 400m Relay –10 4 x 200m Relay - 9
Long Jump, Triple Jump, Pole Vault, High Jump – 10
Shot Put – 16
7. In the long jump triple jump, and shot, there will be 3 attempts, top 6 will get three more attempts
8. This is the state order of events.
2:15- Girls/Boys High Jump
Boys’ Pole Vault
2:15 – Running Events
Girls 4 x 400m Relay Trials
Boys 4 x 400m Relay Trials
Girls 4 x 200m Relay Trials
Boys 4 x 200m Relay Trials
Girls 3000m Run
Boys 3200m Run
Girls 50m Trials
Boys 50m Dash Trials
Girls 1000m Run
Boys 1000m Run
Girls 1500m Race Walk
Girls 50m Dash Semi Finals
Boys 50m Dash Semi Finals
Girls 600m Run
Boys 600m Run
Girls 50m Dash Final
Boys 50m Dash Final
Girls 1500 m Unseeded / Boys 1600 m Unseeded
Boys 40m Hurdles – Trials
Girls 40m Hurdles – Trials
Girls’ 300m Dash Trials
Boys 300m Dash Trials
Girls 1500m Run Seeded
Boys 1600m Run Seeded
Girls’ 40m Hurdles – Semi Final
Boys 40mm Hurdles – Semi Final
15 minute break
Boys 40m Hurdles Finals
Girls 40m Hurdles Finals
Girls 300m Dash – Finals
Boys 300m Dash – Finals
Girls 4 x 800m Relay
Boys 4 x 800m Relay
Girls 4 x 400m Relay - Final
Boys 4 x 400m Relay - Final
Girls 4 x 200m Relay - Final
Boys 4 x 200m Relay- Final
9. The top two finishers in each event will automatically qualify for the State Meet which will be held on Saturday, March 8. The Section V buses will be leaving from Penfield High School.
10. The third place finisher in the 300m, 600m, 1000m, and 1500m/1600m runs will compete in the intersectional medley relay. In addition, if any athlete has performed at or better than the standards, and finished 3rd in the Meet of Champions, then he/she may go and compete in their individual event.
11. The winning relay team will advance to the state meet. You may take up to six individuals per relay.
12. An athlete does not have to compete in the Class Championships to compete in the Meet of Champions.
13. Admission to the meet is $3.00
14. We will be selling shirts.
15. Athletes may wear ¼” pyramid spikes for all running and jumping events. No one may leave the athletic area with their spikes on.