Winter Track & Field
Meet of Champions 2005
Dates & Times: Saturday, February 26 – 4:00 – 11:00
Hobart/ William Smith College
These sheets contain information regarding the Winter Track Meet of Champions. Please read the enclosed sheets carefully so that you athletes will be included in the meet.
1. Entry cards must be turned in immediately after the Class Championships, or by Wednesday, February 16 at 7:00 PM. Each individual needs a card to be entered in an event.
2. Class Champions automatically qualify – However a card with best performances and the words CLASS CHAMPION must still be submitted.
3. An entry who is not a class champion must have ONE performances in the event this year, and it must be listed on the front of the card, along with the site and date of the performances..
4. The 3 x 5 card should look like this (The color of the cards does not matter).
5. I will attempt to contact any coach who has athletes rejected as quickly as possible. I also intend to have a list of the athletes who have qualified on our web site as quickly as possible.
6. The following is the maximum number of entries that will be allowed per event.
55m Dash – 32 55 m Hurdles 32 300m Dash – 24
600m Run – 24 1000m Run 24 1500m Racewalk – 16
1500/1600m Run – 32 3000/3200m Run – 16 4 x 800m Relay – 12
4 x 400m Relay –16 4 x 200m Relay - 16
Long Jump, Triple Jump, - 16
High Jump – 16
Pole Vault - 12
Shot Put – 16
7. In the long jump, triple jump, and shot, there will be 3 attempts, top 8 will get three more attempts
8. This is the state order of events.
4:00- Girls/Boys High Jump- starting heights: 4'4 , 5'6
Girls/Boys’ Pole Vault - starting heights: 9'6 , 7'6
Boys/Girls’ Shot - 3 attempts - top 8 to final for 3 additional attempts
Boys/Girls' Long Jump, Triple Jump - 3 attempts - top 8 to final for 3 more attempts
4:00 – Running Events
Girls 4 x 400m Relay Trials
Boys 4 x 400m Relay Trials
Girls 4 x 200m Relay Trials
Boys 4 x 200m Relay Trials
Girls 3000m Run
Boys 3200m Run
Girls 55m Trials
Boys 55m Dash Trials
Girls 1000m Run
Boys 1000m Run
15 MINUTE BREAK
Girls 55m Dash Semi Finals
Boys 55m Dash Semi Finals
Girls 600m Run
Boys 600m Run
Girls 55m Dash Final
Boys 55m Dash Final
Unseeded Section of the Girls 1500m Run
Unseeded Section of the Boys’ 1600m Run
Boys 55m Hurdles – Trials
Girls 55m Hurdles – Trials
Girls’ 300m Dash Trials
Boys 300m Dash Trials
Girls 1500m Run
Boys 1600m Run
Girls’ 55m Hurdles – Semi Final
Boys 55mm Hurdles – Semi Final
GIRLS' 1500M RACEWALK
Boys 55m Hurdles Finals
Girls 55m Hurdles Finals
Girls 300m Dash – Finals
Boys 300m Dash – Finals
Girls 4 x 800m Relay
Boys 4 x 800m Relay
Girls 4 x 400m Relay - Final
Boys 4 x 400m Relay - Final
Girls 4 x 200m Relay - Final
Boys 4 x 200m Relay- Final
* If there are not enough entries for trials, the race
will be run in the final spot (Note change in the state order of the Racewalk).
9. The top two finishers in each event will automatically qualify for the State Meet which will be held on Sunday, March 6. The Section V buses will be leaving from Penfield High School.
10. The third place finisher in the 300m, 600m, 1000m, and 1500m/1600m runs will compete in the intersectional medley relay. In addition, if any athlete has performed at or better than the standards, and finished 3rd in the Meet of Champions, then he/she may go and compete in their individual event.
11. The winning relay team will advance to the state meet. You may take up to six individuals per relay.
12. An athlete does not have to compete in the Class Championships to compete in the Meet of Champions.
13. Admission to the meet is $3.00
14. We will be selling shirts
15. Upon completing his/her event – an athlete or relay that has qualified for the state meet must sign up at the scorers’ table.
16. Medals will be provided for the top three finishers in each event.